Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Shout Back: Abby

Hello Spiders! I don't have anything photographic to discuss today, but I do want to talk about two other things. The first is that someone took the time out of their day to let me know that they 1) read and 2) enjoy my blog. She went in a message via the Question widget (you can use it for comments as well as questions) and it brightened my day.

Your blog is AMAZING!! I seriously made a slew of strange happy noises when I found it :)  Keep up the awesome work! You're such a trove of knowledge, THANK YOU!

Regards,
Abby

Thanks, Abby! I sort of figured there might be a small number of humans reading my blog, but unfortunately the spiders vastly out number you, my precious primate peeps. As a content creator, online or physically as a production artist, it means so much when people comment, ask questions or just in general take the time to acknowledge what you do. I don't think that ever goes away. Even wildly popular or famous content creators love to know that their work is appreciated. They might not be able to engage personally with each person that voices their appreciation (or other opinions), but they are aware of the activity surrounding them.

I write this blog for myself as much as for the horde of electronic spiders that crawl it, because it helps me keep organized if I have a consistent, recurring deadline in my life. It also helps me motivate myself to maintain a healthy level of artistic activity (so I have things to talk about), and to stay engaged in what happens around me. Projects like a compendium of information on different lumen printing papers, a book on anthotypes or full-fledged articles ready for publication on major websites are scary and take a lot of effort. On here, I can draft out and organize my ideas, float concepts and voice thoughts in a fairly low-stress way. That's very helpful to me as an artist and a person.

But! I also maintain this blog in the hope that there are, or will be, people that read it. I love teaching, and I hope that some of the material I post here will inspire someone to try something new, or revive an old interest. So, thank you again, Abby.


Actually, the second thing is going to be its own post. Just because I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment