Thursday, March 20, 2014

Blogging for Thor: Wipeout

I went chasing waterfalls!
Whelp, Spiders, I got nothin'. I took a short vacation for Spring Break this year instead of sitting at home and watching Netflix. So on Tuesday, I picked up my best friend and Wednesday morning we drove out to Asheville. Had fancy beer at a fancy beer bar, took some photos of the French Broad River and some rocks, met some old friends, had delicious Chinese food and then ice cream. Today we explored Asheville's River Arts District, had lunch with another old friend and then went off to chase some waterfalls. Down in DuPont State Forest, we got up close and personal with some big waterfalls and took a five mile hike. It was pretty intense, but I got some good shots.

Overall, it was an awesome two-day vacation. But, those were the only sunny days this entire week. So I have no new alternative processes to show you. I'm also way too tired to write up a Teaching post or anything else in-depth and crazy. Sorry, Spiders, I'll have to make that up some other day.

I will plug the Asheville Darkroom, though. The two founders, Bridget and Jason, are friends from SPE and Bridget was the one I had fancy beer with. I'm hoping to get another show up in their gallery space sometime in the future and give myself another reason to head back up there. The Darkroom is open to the community and a great resource. Bridget and Jason both teach classes there, keeping the love of chemistry (woo!) and film (eugh) alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment