Thursday, March 24, 2011

Works in Progress (Sorta)

The possibility (however faint) of a show later this year for my folklore illustrations has got me turned back on to the idea of starting a few more. Well, I started them a long time ago, I just need to finish them.

Currently, I've got three illustrations in the series:
  • The Golem of Prague (Czech Republic)
  • The Fate of the Mary Celeste (Atlantic Ocean by way of America)
  • A Song of Sixpence (England)

I've started work on two more:
  • Jenny Greenteeth (England)
  • Baba Yaga (Russia)

And I've got concepts and mind-images for a few more:
  • General Winter (Russia)
  • The Lost Colony (America)
  • The Black Dog (England)
  • The Scholomance (Romania)
I really want to finish up Jenny Greenteeth (a river hag who drowns unsuspecting travelers who stray too close to the water, probably inspired by the dangers of duckweed) and Baba Yaga (a Russian/Slavic witch who appears in several stories), but the story of the Scholomance really has me going and I've got all sorts of great visuals for the Black Dog and General Winter.

Maybe I can work out some sort of collaboration with Tiffany on General Winter, since she's into military history.

No comments:

Post a Comment